Familiar:
Michael Buble'
It's a Beautiful Day 3:50 click here
Haven't Met You Yet 4:19click here
Home 3:46 click here
Out of the three songs by Micheal Buble' I chose to talk about It's a Beautiful Day because I like it best :). I believe he wrote all three songs I listened. He used the typical singer in forward and instrumentation in the background for this song. He changes pitch and gets louder for the chorus and takes it down a little for the rest. I like that you can here some kind of a horn here and there doing like a scale down or something. The drums add to the beat and the guitar in the beginning does a good job leading into the vocals. The video is pretty cute and has a famous actress and Diet Pepsi for a nice ad placement. As many times as I have heard this song (like hundreds) this is the first I actually saw his video. I think he is a baritone...right?? I also feel like I should mention Haven't Met You Yet. That one is pretty great too. This one has horns, piano, and drums for sure you can pick them out pretty easy. The repeating melody from chorus is easy to pick out too. If you watched any of these do you love him yet? He is pretty adorable.
Unfamiliar:
Mozart concerto for flute and harp-2.Mvnt. 9:11
click here
For my unfamiliar this week I once again just put classical music into YouTube and randomly picked but I added with flute this time hoping for a pretty melody. This features harp, flute, and has an orchestra in the background although they all appear to be playing the strings. The flute and harp sound so pretty together in this song. You can hear some pitch and dynamic changes when they add in more of the orchestra and then a softer sound when they go back to just the flute and harp taking the lead or being forward. When I think of classical music this is more of the sound I picture in my mind. Such a pretty melody. I know it is only 9:11 but I had to listen to it a few times trying to pick out different things. You will notice that the guy's flute is black and not the typical silver. It's nice when you can actually see them perform and you can tell which instruments are being used.
Before today, I had only heard Michael Buble's Haven't Met You Yet and his Christmas collection. I listened to the music video and I also made note of the horn. I couldn't quite place my finger on which horn, maybe a trumpet? There was for sure a trombone in there. As for his vocal range, he can get pretty high and pretty low. I would say baritone is a safe guess. This would be a good example of homophonic texture because the instruments back the vocals one hundred percent. I have to say, I was pretty impressed with the gymnastics that he did in this video. Especially at his age! I used to be able to do that but I'm not sure I could anymore!
ReplyDeleteVery beautiful classical song you picked! I feel like since the harp and the flute were the main instruments it made it more interesting. Something that you wouldn't hear in every classical song. It was a smooth and soft melody, very uplifting. The dynamics make you want more even though it is already a 9 minute song. Thank you for sharing it!
ReplyDelete