Review of Music Appreciation Summer 2015
I have to say that even though I think it is the part that took the most effort to learn I enjoyed the first section on music that we did. It worked out that I learned the notes and meters, etc. at the same time we were starting our son in guitar so I feel I will be able to help him read music now ( at least at first ha ;) ) The music blogs were interesting and I really enjoyed seeing everyone's selections each week. A lot of it I had never heard before and it is always good to expose yourself to new things. The downside of the music blog was just that it became a chore after awhile. I think it would have worked better if shorter music times or every other week or something. I will say I felt Ms. Mill's love of music and teaching about it come across all through our class. It is easier to stay tuned in to class when the person teaching is so connected to the material. I'm not gonna lie I am most likely going back to a life of listening to music as I think it is meant to be listened to: mindlessly while driving :). But I feel like I learned something from trying to break down and analyze parts of the songs. Overall I enjoyed the class very much. Thank you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment